BY MICHAEL FLEMING
We are scheduled to attend the South Carolina Ed. Tech conference with our juniors this Fall. They will then present their information at FMU’s Spring Research Event. Our entire cohort will begin a book study on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People this Fall and continue it through the Spring. Individually, our Fellows have been busy…see below for some examples:
- Lauren Jackson (junior and chair of our Leadership committee) represented our Teaching Fellows program at FMU at the Education Reform Student Advisory Council Meeting lead by Chairman, of the House Education and Public Works Committee, Representative Rita Allison. She was able to speak about the importance of the program.
- Angelica Littlefield (freshman) is tutoring two fifth grade students in math.
- Anna Patton (sophomore) is working as an undergraduate teaching assistant in the Freshman English class and was just named Editor in Chief for Francis Marion's chapter of the Odyssey online.
- Caitlin DeMers (junior), but graduating in May, was inducted into the Education Honor Society and the History Honor Society.
- Shelly Smith (junior) and others are going on visits to teacher cadet classrooms across our region. Shelly was able to go back to her hometown high school. Shelly is also participating in Montessori training at a local school district.
- MaKayla Hicks(sophomore) was just promoted to Children’s Ministries Director at her church. She also writes for Francis Marion's chapter of the Odyssey.
- Benjamin Taylor (freshman) stepped up and is volunteering as a Children’s Church Teacher at his church while they have a vacancy. He is also the manager for the university basketball team.
- Melayna Neupert (freshman) is tutoring a local middle school student and is coaching the soccer team at a local school.