May 5-7, 2017
Teach to Lead supports teachers as experts in instruction and in their students' needs. The Teach to Lead Summit provides teachers and their supporters with time to collaborate and to incubate innovative ideas that can lead to a positive impact on schools, communities, districts, and states.
Why should I participate?
Who may participate?
What is a good idea?
- Develop your idea into a complete plan with action steps for moving forward.
- Obtain support of a dedicated "critical friend" from a supporting organization.
- Build relationships with supporting organizations such as ASCD, National Board, USDOE, and others.
- Free registration
- Hotel accommodations for 2 nights
- Some meals during the Summit
- allow teachers to lead from within the classroom.
- identify a specific problem, a target, or an area of need.
- develop and implement approaches to solving the problem.
- utilize the teachers' professional expertise and experiences.
- promote collaboration among stakeholders.
- seek to create systemic supports for teacher leadership.
- be viable in the local context and sustainable over time.
- be measurable over time.
- focus on any level of change at the school, district, or state level.
- be functioning at any stage of development including an emerging idea, an idea under current development, or something that has already been implemented but could be improved or expanded.